Summer is here, and with it come trips to the pool, beach and lots of short and tank-top wearing. We went through Valentine’s Day and Easter, constantly facing the temptations of sugar put in front of us, and now it may be time to focus a little more on health and toning up those bodies. We’ve got a 30 Day Fitness Challenge going on, plus here are 10 great things that you can do this Summer to help keep you more toned and healthy all Summer long.
10. Drink Plenty of Water. Water provides what the body needs for all biological functions, including removing toxins and excess fat from the body. It keeps you hydrate and can actually help with weight-loss.
9. Eat at Home as often as you can. Eating out not only costs a lot of money, but it can also be very unhealthy. If you do have to eat out, go for the vegetarian or vegan option, and avoid excess sauces that can hide a lot of calories.
8. Exercise at least three days a week. Whether it’s walking, an exercise video, or a Summer gym membership, do what you need to do in order to stay active at least three days a week. It really does make a huge difference in your energy and fitness levels.
7. Increase your fruit and vegetable eating. Raw fruits, nuts and vegetables are excellent for keeping you full, energized and healthy.
6. Cut out the sugary drinks. Sodas and even juices contain a lot of sugar, and can inhibit you from losing weight. Even the diet drinks contain unnatural sweeteners that aren’t necessarily good for your body, so your best bet is to cut these out completely.
5. Focus on getting most of your protein from beans, nuts and legumes. This helps you avoid fatty and processed meats that the body can struggle to break down.
4. Eat smaller portions. By simply limiting your portions on a regular basis, you can start to see improvement. If you’re regularly limiting your portion sizes, then you can still enjoy some splurges in moderation.
3. Focus on whole food eating, while avoiding processed and fried foods. Boxed foods should be avoided, while instead you focus on more raw ingredients for your meals. I talk more about this topic on my ebook, 7 Weeks to a Healthier Lifestyle.
2. Plan out your meals ahead of time. By doing this, you can plan out healthy meals in advance and save some money while doing so. By having a plan in place, you will avoid that “what’s for dinner” rush that often results in a trip to the drive-thru. Here’s a free printable menu planning tool that you can use to plan out your meals.
1. Stay away from processed, refined and hydrogenated oils. Rather, focus on good, natural fats like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and organic butter. The body needs good fats in order to get rid of the bad fats, so be sure you are still getting a healthy portion of the good fats in your diet.
What are some of your tips for staying healthy and fit during the Summer? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Note: Please consult a professional before beginning any new diet or fitness regimen.