So you have all those leftovers, and frankly you’re not sure what to do with them. Here’s an easy way to use them by making a Holiday Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie.
Holiday Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Leftover Turkey
- Leftover Green Bean Casserole
- Steamed Carrots
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- Leftover Gravy
- Leftover Stuffing
- Any other leftovers you would like to throw in the mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a lightly greased baking dish, add in your leftover pieces of turkey to the bottom.
- Cover with the leftover green bean casserole. At this point you can add any other leftovers you feel like adding.
- Top with steamed carrots, and then cover with the leftover gravy.
- Add the mashed potatoes, and then top with the leftover stuffing.
- Bake in the oven until well heated through (about 20-30 minutes).
This was quite the hit when my Mom made this for the family Sunday after Church, and it was a nice change from how we had been previously eating all the leftovers after Thanksgiving. What do you think about this recipe? Would you add anything?
Christmas Homeschool Fun: 1+1+1=1
Christmas Decorations: Songbird
Tips for a Healthy Holiday: The Thrifty Mama
Saving Money: Surviving the Stores
Travel Tips: Mom’s Travel Tales
Christmas Recipes: Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
Christmas Family Fun: Life as Mom
Homemade Christmas Gifts: The Happy Housewife