Fall is here, and it’s here to stay (well, until it’s winter’s turn). Autumn is one of those seasons that begs to be celebrated with those seasonal foods we wait all year for. Apples ,pumpkins, corn, squash… all of them. This bread is a great way to celebrate the flavors of autumn.
Apple Bread Recipe – Roasted Apple Autumn Bread
- 2 cups apples, cut in to small (1/2 in) pieces
- 2 tbsp melted butter, plus ¼ Cup Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- ½ Cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup organic Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Organic Ricotta
- 2 tbsp organic melted butter, plus ¼ Cup Butter, melted
- ½ Cup Turbinado sugar or brown Sugar (plus 2 tbsp for the top
- Oven at 375
- Butter the loaf pan.
- Combine apple slices, 2 tbsp melted butter and 1 tbsp cinnamon in bowl – toss to coat. Roast in oven on rimmed baking sheet for 10 minutes
- Whisk the eggs, butter, ricotta, vanilla and buttermilk together.
- Add the dry ingredients together, including the cinnamon, ginger and salt and mix to combine. Gently mix in the buttermilk mixture til incorporated.
- Fill the loaf pan and sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp. of the Turbinado sugar Bake on the middle rack for 45 minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
What are some of your autumn food musts?
Be sure to check out more apple recipes here