I tell ya, the coolest thing about being all natural and healthy is that you get to try really cool things. I mean, who wouldn’t want to put garlic in her hoohah, or get healthy by sticking coffee where the sun don’t shine? Plus, how fun does it sound to drink coffee through your bum? Sounds like a plan to me.
A couple of years ago I heard about this really cool thing called coffee enemas. At first I was like: WHAT THE @#$%? But then I was like, hey sounds cool – let’s give it a whirl. It was a very logical thought-process…
As you sit there sipping your brew, it might not occur to you that you could reap some amazing health benefits by sticking that up your behind, but you most definitely can.
So here’s the scoop on Coffee Enemas…
History/How Coffee Enemas Work
Coffee enemas have their roots as part of the Gerson Treatment for cancer and other chronic degenerative diseases. The Gerson Institute is a non-profit organization in California, founded by Max Gerson’s daughter. The Institute bases its treatments on the methods pioneered by Max Gerson in the 1920’s. Coffee enemas are combined with regular juicing, a raw diet, and natural supplements as a naturopathic treatment.
The coffee travels via the hemorrhoidal vein and the portal system to the liver, and opens up the bile ducts allowing the liver to release accumulated toxins (Healing the Gerson Way, 162).
According to the Institute, thousands of people have recovered from so-called “incurable” diseases, including:
- Cancer (including melanoma, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lymphoma, pancreatic cancer and many others)
- Heart disease
- Auto-immune disorders
- ….and many others
In every body there is a healing mechanism. In a sick body, this mechanism needs to be reactivated and restored. This is what the whole Gerson therapy is about. It’s not about poisoning the body or giving drugs to the body to help temporarily relieve sickness by only dealing with symptoms.
The Gerson therapy works to restore the system. All the essential organ systems have to be restored so that the body can maintain health. That’s total healing and it takes time.
Toxicity & Deficiency
Diseases are due to toxins in the body and a deficiency of proper nutrients in order to help the body fight off said disease.
The body needs living food that contains all its nutrients, and is free of poison. Toxicity and deficiency: You can’t heal a plant, animal, or human body that is toxic and deficient.
The Gerson Therapy Method
In the Gerson Therapy method, patients drink 13 glasses of vegetable and fruit juice per day. In any chronic degenerative disease, the liver is damaged and weak. The defenses are damaged and weakened. In cancer, the liver is completely toxic. So it becomes very important for no new toxins to come into the body.
Patients that are treated are to avoid all toxins, including those that come through the skin (ie. water from your shower).
Dr. Gerson says the following: In order to grow cancer you need salt, excess fat, and animal proteins. To allow the body to heal properly, these must be eliminated.
The Gerson therapy looks like this:
- Juice Diet: 13 Glasses Per Day
- Vegetable Soups
- Teas (peppermint, chamomile, pau d’arco teas)
- Five Coffee Enemas Per Day
- Castor Oil Treatment
- Natural Supplements
I personally haven’t dealt with cancer or another degenerative disease, so I can’t speak from a personal perspective. However, this organization does boast that these methods are regularly curing cancer and other diseases.
Having witnessed my own benefits from just doing juicing and occasional coffee enemas, I fully believe in what the Gerson Institute is doing to save lives.
Here are 11 reasons why you may want to stick coffee up your derriere:
- Reduces toxicity.
- Improves/eliminates deficiency.
- Cleans and heals the colon.
- Increases energy while reducing sluggishness.
- Improves mental clarity.
- Helps with depression.
- Helps eliminate parasites and candida.
- Improves digestion, bile flow, and eases bloating.
- Detoxifies and helps repair the liver.
- Helps ease detox reactions during periods of fasting or juice fasting/cleansing.
- It has been used regularly by the Gerson Institute for healing cancer and other chronic degenerative diseases naturally.
How do you know if your liver is toxic? Here is some evidence that it might:
- Slow metabolism.
- Irritation/Bad Mood
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Problems
- Bad Breath
- Brain Fog/Trouble Concentrating
- Gallbladder Issues
- High Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
So why am I really talking about this? Well, with all the juicing that we are doing, many of you may be experiencing some difficult detoxing. Coffee Enemas and juicing really should go together, as the process of detoxing can be more difficult with a toxic liver. The coffee enemas are essential in detoxing the liver in people that have serious health issues.
How to Do a Coffee Enema
- Bring 32 ounces of water to a boil.
- Add 3 rounded tablespoons of organic coffee.
- Let boil for 3 minutes then reduce heat to let simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then strain through a cloth-lined strainer.
- Check the amount left after straining, and replace any water that has boiled away until you have 1 quart.
- Make yourself a nice spot in the bathtub, and place the bucket of coffee (enema kit) about 18 inches above your body (hang from a hook).
- Lubricate the tip (I use coconut oil), and gently insert 8-10 inches into the rectum.
- Release the clamp on the tube, and all the coffee to flow in. The more relaxed you are at this point, the better…trust me on this.
- Once the coffee is in, hold it for 12-15 minutes before releasing it all into the porcelain throne.
Word of caution: I’ve done a lot of reading up on these types of treatments, and before you begin you should as well. Healing The Gerson Way by Dr. Charlotte Gerson is essential reading, especially if you are dealing with a chronic disease. My post isn’t meant to treat or diagnose any illness. I’ve written this because I want to inform you all and make you more knowledgeable, so that you’ll research and learn more. In her book, Dr. Gerson discusses potential complications and how to avoid them…most of which I can’t go all into in this post, so please please please do some more research before beginning.
Well now that we have that little disclaimer out of the way, let’s talk coffee and booty in the comments. And as you sit there squirming in your bathtub trying to hold in a quart of coffee, I hope you’ll be preparing to come back and tell us all how it went! Oh, and enjoy a good book or listen to some smooth jazz while you’re in there. That’s always fun.
Enjoy your java fix, peeps!
P.S. Have you tried coffee enemas or know someone that has?