Who says that eating healthy has to be a lot of work? Here’s an easy and healthy way to to make crock pot sweet potato pie.
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Pie
Makes four pies.
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of Coconut Oil
- 3 cups Turbinado or Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract (3 if it’s homemade vanilla)
- 8 eggs
- 4 whole wheat pie crusts
- Wash, peel and cut your sweet potatoes. Do even slices so they all cook evenly.
- Mix together all wet and dry ingredients besides the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes to the crock pot and pour the mixture over it.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let mixture slightly cool, and pour into a mixer with your eggs. I actually just used my stainless hand mixer and blended the ingredients inside the crock pot. Mix until well blended.
- Poor mixture into pie crusts.
- Bake in the oven for about fifty minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 3-7 hours (depending on how long you cook it in the crock pot) Servings: Four pies with approximately 8 servings each.
Isn’t it beautiful? And it came out oh so creamy and delicious! If you like this, be sure to also check out how to make pumpkin pie from a pumpkin – completely from scratch baby!!