The Holidays can be expensive (that’s a huge understatement). It’s easy to get sucked in to the spending spree, but for good reason. It’s Because it feels GOOD to give to people. Gift-giving really can be so much more satisfying than receiving – that’s not just “something they say”.
Yet we can’t always afford the extra expense of giving gifts to our friends and loved ones, like we wish we could.
That is the beauty of home made DIY gifts; they are affordable to make, easy to make in large quantities, and endless possible options. And people actually LIKE and USE gifts like these.
Use some creative packaging, and you’ve got some very thoughtful gifts. Here are just a couple ideas:
Health & Beauty
- Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo – Naturally leaves your hair soft & smooth
- Homemade Natural Lipstick – If color isn’t your thing, leave it out and make the perfect lip gloss!
- Homemade All Natural Perfume – Chemical Free!
- Whipped Body Butter – Great for babies, great for those with sensitive skin. Add scents to make it a more personalized gift.
- Lotion Bars – Goes from a solid form to a cream once you start applying it to your skin.
- Home made bubble bath – Great gift idea for new moms. Or seasoned moms!
- “Miracle” Eye Serum – Cleans and moisturizes
- Homemade Hand Cream – Works well on your elbows and heels too
- Lavender Milk Bath – Do it up big and add a couple other bath accessories to a nice basket
- Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream – Something for the man in your life!
- Lavender & Chamomile Bath Melts – Leaves your skin incredibly soft
- Peppermint Foot Scrub – The ingredients for this are incredibly easy to come by
- Homemade Lavender Soap – Ready to become addicted to soap-making?
- Tub Tea Time – Let this tea steep in your tub for 20 minutes, and get ready to soothe your muscles
- Refreshing Homemade Citrus Bath Salts – Another great gift for a new mom
- Homemade Lavender Sugar Foot Scrub – You might end up wanting to keep this one for yourself
- Creamy Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub – Helps to remove dead skin, refreshes and moisturizes
- Natural Non-Toxic Face Cleansing – Introduce someone you love to the Oil Cleansing Method
- Homemade All-Natural Peppermint Mouthwash – Show your love with Minty Freshness
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Face Mask – You can even use this in your hair!
- Homemade Face Powder Foundation – All Natural! – Cheap and natural!
- All Natural Homemade Eye Shadow – This stuff works!
- All Natural Homemade Blush – Avoid all the chemicals many powdered blush
- Homemade Bronzer – Made from many normal household ingredients
Mom and Baby
- Homemade Diaper Rash Cream – Green & Non-Toxic – 100% natural and safe for little baby bottoms
- Homemade Moisturizing Baby Shampoo and Body Wash Recipe – Non-toxic and gentle on the skin
- All Natural Belly Balm for a Happy Pregnant Belly – Pamper that expectant mom!
For the Home
- Make Your Own Gel Air Fresheners – The intensity can be adjusted based on how much scent you add
- Homemade Herbal Incense – Not just for hippies!
- Natural Room Scent – Great for teachers, neighbors, or co-workers!
- Frozen Garden Candles – Perfect for someone with a beautiful garden
- Beeswax Flower Mason Jar Candles – You can never go wrong with Mason Jars!
- Birch Wood Candle Holders – So beautiful and rustic. Easy to make!
- Woven Rag Rug – Turn an old bed sheet in to a beautiful gift
- Easy Basket Weaving – Impress someone with your basket weaving skills
- DIY wind chime – So much easier than you think
- Frosted Glass Jar Tealight Stand – Can also be used as a candle stand
- Candlestick Tower Stand – Great for displaying other festive things, like pine cones
- DIY Corn Husk Wreath – Easy rustic piece, made from store-bought tamale wrappers!
- Book Page Wreath – For the bookworm in the family
- Create a Button Frame – Use an assortment of spare buttons to make this a special gift
- Dip-Dyed Candles – A classy and beautiful gift
- Glitter Candles In Bird Cage – Simple and easy. Perfect for the beginning crafter
- DIY Cardboard Box And Magazine Frame – Great alternative to expensive frames
- DIY Soda Can Coasters – Great for the dad’s in your life!
Natural Household Products
- Natural Laundry Fragrance and Softener – A natural replacement for dryer sheets
- Homemade Natural Fabric Stain Remover – Non-Toxic and Frugal! – Cheaper and more effective than toxic stain removers!
- Homemade Laundry Detergent – No soap grating necessary!
- Homemade Dishwashing Detergent – Cheap and Green – All natural and non-toxic
- Homemade Citrus-Infused Vinegar for Green Cleaning – Oh the wonders of fresh citrus!
- Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipe – Non Toxic – Very easy to make
- DIY Spice Rub – Made from simple herbs and spices
- DIY Spiced Hot Drink Mix Gift Jar – This ends up being a very personal gift!
- Homemade Chai Concentrate – Delicious, and better than the store-bought stuff
- Home Made Extracts – All it takes is some time.
- Home Made Granola Bars – Great snacky gift
- Healthy Homemade Chocolate - For the chocolate lover. You really CAN’T go wrong with this one!
For the Outdoors, For The Gardener
- Homemade Natural Anti-Itch Rub – Acts like a lotion, really soothes skin
- Homemade Natural Bug Repellent – Contains natural ingredients that are so good for you
- Flower-Arranging Gift Kit – Perfect for your favorite gardener
- Sake-Box Planters - Beautiful gift for your loves ones who appreciate botanicals
For The Pet-Lover
- Dog Collar Couture – Interchangeable collar decorations
- Jingle-Bell Dog Collar – Festive and perfect for the Christmas holiday
- Suede Doggy Coat – Simpler to make than you would think!
- Feather Cat Toy – A favorite toy for your favorite cat
- Diamond Dog Necklaces – For the diva dog in your life
And if you like these, be sure to check out these 101 special gift ideas.