Fall is the perfect time to start making up some cookies. This Fall cookie recipe will allow you to make sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies or any other type of cookie you might want to make. All you need to do is use the basic cookie recipe and add in whatever extras your heart desires!
I love this recipe because it is so simple to make, and it uses organic/healthy ingredients. If you’re gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free flour in this recipe.
- 2 3/4 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup softened organic butter
- 1/2 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth, and then add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients with the wet mixture. At this point you can add in the chocolate chips if you are going for the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Make ping pong ball sized balls out of the dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until done.
Another fun thing to do is to make shapes with your cookie recipes. If you want to do shapes instead of just round cookies, roll the dough out on some wax paper and use cookie cutters to make your shapes. Then use a spatula to lift the shapes off of the wax paper and place them on the cookie sheet.
This is the fun part – especially if you want to get the kids involved.
We use this Fall cookie recipe quite frequently during the Fall, and all year-long. And it’s especially fun during the holidays because we make all kinds of fun cookie shapes with our Holiday cookie cutters.
Do you have any fun ingredients that you would add to this basic cookie recipe? Would you add a yummy frosting or sprinkles to the cookies? I’d love to hear your tips!