One of the biggest struggles as a parent is dealing with feeling guilt. For not doing enough of this or that. For not being a perfect pinterest mom. For not “having it all together”. For losing our tempers. Losing our patience. For not cherishing every moment like we said we would.
These things are a big fat lie, though, and deep down, we all know that. We may fail at times, or have bad days, but we aren’t failures as parents. We are human.
Anyway, one biggie guilt-inducer is food. Life is crazy, and it’s can be very hard to get good food in our kids stomachs when time is limited. It’s easy to feel guilty for that McDonalds lunch, or heavily-processed pre-packaged sugary whatever. Sometimes we just need a quick go-t0 in our recipe arsenal to fall back on. Below, I have two such recipes. Give these great healthy snack recipes for kids a try.
- 1/4 Cup Organic Almond Butter, creamy
- 1/4 Cup Organic Pain Greek Yogurt
- 1tsp Honey (local is best!)
- 1-2 organic apples, cut it to slices, core removed
- Combine all ingredients, stir well until smooth.
- Dip apples in sauce, enjoy!
- 1/4 Cup Organic Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Organic Almond Butter, Creamy or Crunchy
- 1 TBSP Honey (Local!)
- Dried Cranberries, raisins, dark chocolate pieces, your choice!
- Combine all ingredients in bowl
- Mix well (you may want to just use your hands)
- Depending on how oily the almond butter is, you want want to play with the ratios until mixture isn't stucky, but will hold shapes.
- Roll in to small, 1in balls
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, and enjoy!
I’d love to hear some of your go-to healthy recipes for your kids. Do you have anything thats perfect for these autumn months?
Be sure to check out more Fall Recipes Here!