One of the things I really love about living a healthier lifestyle is that I don’t have to sacrifice taste to be healthy. I love this Fall Recipe Vegetarian Stir Fry, and I actually make it quite often. It’s an especially good meal to eat after I’ve been on a juice cleanse, as it allows my body to gradually adjust back to eating food.
Even if you aren’t a vegetarian, this meal is yummy to have every so often. And if you’re a fan of garlic like I am (er…it’s more like garlic addict!!), then you’ll definitely enjoy this. It’s super simple to make, tasty and healthy!
- 2-4 TB coconut oil
- 2 clove fresh garlic (diced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 small tomato
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- Celery salt
- 1 tsp hemp seed (optional)
- Wash and cut up all your vegetables.
- In a wok, heat up garlic, onion and coconut oil and cook mixture for a few minutes stirring occasionally. Be sure to keep the stove on low-med heat.
- Add in your zucchini, squash, tomato and mushrooms, and place the lid on top of the wok.
- Cook and stir the mixture occasionally until your zucchini and squash become slightly soft.
- Add in your spinach and celery salt, stir and then replace the lid.
- Continue cooking until the spinach becomes slightly soft.
- Remove from heat, allow to slightly cool and top with optional hemp seed.
- Serve and enjoy!
This dish always turns out so completely yummy, that I have a hard time not eating it all in one sitting. This can be served as a meal in and of itself, or it makes for an excellent side dish. And what a healthy way to enjoy a meal!
If you are ending a juice cleanse, this meal will taste like nirvana in a bowl…especially because of that garlic! Mmmm..can you tell that I love me some garlic?
Let me know what you think of this Fall Recipe Vegetarian Stir Fry. Do you have a way that you like to tweak the recipe? Tell me about it! And be sure to check out my other Fall Recipes.