I’m New Here, Where Do I Start?
I recommend reading these posts first:
- Coupon Basics for Newbies
- CVS 101
- Stockpiling 101
- Don’t Have a Coupon Conniption
- How To Get Coupons
- Whole Foods Shopping 101
I Don’t Understand All This Lingo.
- B2G1 = Buy Two Get One Free
- Blinkie = Coupon that a little machine spits out
- BOGO (or B1G1) = Buy One Get One Free
- Cat = Catalina. Virtual Money or Coupons that print off with your receipt
- CRT = Cash Register Tape, aka, your receipt
- ECB = Extra Care Buck, prints on receipts, and you can use it like Cash at CVS.
- ES = Easy Saver. Monthly Rebate book for Walgreens
- FAR = Free After Rebate
- IP = Internet Printable Coupon
- IVC = Instant Value Coupon at Walgreens. Found in the ES and in the weekly advertisement.
- MFR = manufacturer
- MIR = Mail In Rebate
- ONYO = On Your Next Order
- OOP = Out of Pocket. The amount in cash that you spend.
- Peelie = Coupon found on the package of a product.
- PG = Proctor and Gamble Coupon insert that comes in your local paper.
- PSA = Prices Start At
- Q= Coupon
- Rain Check = When a store is out of a sale item, get a rain check and you can take advantage of the sale price whenever the item comes back in stock. Rain Checks never expire!!
- RP = Redplum. Coupon insert that comes in your local paper.
- RR = Register Rewards. Walgreens form of a Catalina
- S or SS = Smartsource. Coupon insert that comes in your local paper.
- SCR = Single Check Rebate. Rebates for Rite Aid.
- UPC= Bar Code of an Item
- WAGS = Walgreens
- WT = Wine Tag. Coupon found around the neck of a wine bottle. You do not have to purchase the bottle in order to get the coupon. Check your local state laws on this.
- YMMV = Your Manager (or Mileage) May Vary, meaning some managers may or may not let you do something.
I Can’t Get Coupons To Print.
This happens a lot and is usually fixed by switching browsers. If you are using Firefox, trying printing the coupons in Internet Explorer and vice a versa. If that doesn’t work, try clearing your cache/cookies and then try again.
Why Was My Comment Deleted?
I moderate comments in order to keep my site pleasant and upbeat. Comments that I deam to be rude, harrassing, meant to spark a debate, suggest using coupons in an innappropriate manner or are left for the sole purpose of advertising will more than likely be deleted. I try to run an upbeat, ethical and encouraging blog. I hope that you can understand and accept this. If not, you are more than welcome to find another blog that is more your style.
Can I Copy Some Of Your Posts and Put Them On My Blog?
Blog posts and images I create are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. Feel free to quote a few phrases (with a link back, please), but please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form, without asking first (including for newsletters, etc.) You are welcome to use buttons and images I create, but please link back to me.
How Do You Get Multiple Coupons?
You can buy several Sunday papers in order to get multiple copies of the coupon inserts. I recommend you read this post HERE for more ideas.
I Sent You An Email, But I Didn’t Hear Back.
I’m sorry. Blogging and being a mother keep me pretty busy. While I’m not able to respond to every message, I want you know that I do read and appreciate every single one I get. If you have a question, please consider leaving it in the comment section, so that other readers have the opportunity to respond and benefit from your question!