Here’s a natural carpet deodorizer to help you save money, and keep chemicals out of your carpet.
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 15-20 drops essential oil (I used orange oil for it’s extra special odor fighting qualities)
- Blend the ingredients together well with your hands, breaking up any clumps.
- Sprinkle mixture onto the carpet.
- Brush into the carpet with the brush attachment on your vaccuum.
- Let sit for about an hour.
- Vacuum area thoroughly.
Note: You should do a small test area on your carpet first, to make sure this won’t discolor or ruin your carpet in any way. This is good for mild odors.
Natural & Thrifty in 365 is a year-long series of 365 tips for living more green, natural and healthy while saving money. Do you have a natural and thrifty tip that you would like to share with The Thrifty Mama readers? Submit your awesome idea here. You just might get featured as one of the 365 tips!