I’m not really big on salad recipes. I usually just throw whatever vegetables we have in a bowl and pour olive oil and Parmesan on top. But I really wanted a great spinach salad recipe because my husband generally finds raw spinach too bitter to enjoy. We experimented with different store-bought dressings but were never satisfied with the flavor.
After some savory endeavors, we decided to go with a sweet approach to this salad recipe. I hope you like this recipe we came up with.
- Blueberries, or any of your favorite berries, can be substituted in this recipe.
- For full flavor and sweetness of the berries, allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
- I think this salad would be amazing topped with praline pecans, walnuts, or toasted almond slices.
- Always try to use the freshest, organic ingredients available to you.
- Try replacing the sugar with honey. I think it would be a successful alternative.
- The dressing can take a while to come together. Be patient and whisk away!
- We use glass or BPA-free plastic bowls when preparing recipes with lemon juice or vinegar. Metal bowls can react with the acids and make the flavor off.
This salad is sweet and refreshing. It’s loaded with micro-nutrients that will be a great addition to any main course.
My whole family loves this salad recipe. We never have any leftover, but I doubt this salad would be very good the next day. The spinach would probably become very soggy.
If you have a great salad recipe, please share it. We’re always looking for fresh and exciting ways to keep our families healthy.