Friday, February 22 Only – Whole Foods is having a One-Day Sale on Organic Whole Chickens. Stock up on these whole birds for $1.99/lb while supplies last. Contact your local store (across the continental US) for further details and possible limits.
Organic chicken farms have to adhere to strict inspections and guidelines. Here are a few of the requirements:
- The birds must be raised organically no later than two days after they hatch.
- They must be fed certified organic feed for their entire lives. Organic feed cannot contain animal by-products, antibiotics or genetically engineered grains and cannot be grown using persistent pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- It is prohibited to give drugs, antibiotics and hormones to organic birds (please note: federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in raising poultry).
- All birds must have outdoor access.
These whole chickens are a big help in creating a money-saving Whole Foods organic meal plan.
Try these recipes to make your organic whole chicken go far:
- Crustless Quiche with Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini
- Bone Broth (You know we couldn’t waste those bones!)
Check out the other Whole Foods Deals and Coupons for this week and get ready for big savings.