I am strong believer in the baking as therapy. Granted, the situation doesn’t always lend itself to being therapeutic, there are a lot of variables. Like, is there a glass of wine involved? Are there children underfoot? Etc.
But in just the right context, baking can melt away the stress of the day. I like to intentionally bake for fun before the stress of the holidays- bake for me. This apple sauce bread recipe is a great, simple dessert to make to have around the house to snack on.
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 Cups organic, unsweetened apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar
- Add egg and apple sauce, mix until combined
- In another bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients
- Slowly add to butter mixture
- Add raisins and walnuts
- Pour in to greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until middle is set.
What are your favorite recipes you bake when you want to relax?
Get some more good ideas for baking with apples here!