This thanksgiving, I’m thankful for Chocolate. Chocolate that is hot, mixed with milk, topped with whipped cream, and seasoned perfectly with the warm flavors of these colder months.
Nothing compares to hot cocoa that is made from scratch. Sure, it’s not as convenient as the pre-packaged stuff, but nothing compares to home made. And that is because when you make things from scratch, you have control over your ingredients. You can chose quality, and that always makes a huge difference!
- 4 Cups organic whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla OR 1/2 a split vanilla bean
- Whisk all ingredients together in medium size sauce pan
- Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes (do not allow to boil)
- Serve with freshly whipped cream, and chocolate shavings
How do you like your hot cocoa?
If you’re looking for more great fall recipes, take a look here!