Fall = Soup. Hearty soups. Brothy soups. Creamy, whatever. There’s nothing better! It’s such a great excuse to throw in whatever vegetables you have laying around and letting it summer …and simmer. The fall offers some great seasonal options for soup ingredients, too. Winter greens, squash, root vegetables, to name a few. Check out this recipe if you’re looking for an EASY, HEALTHY soup – you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 LB Organic Sweet Italian Sausage (local, if possible), sliced in to coins
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup organic chopped onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Medium organic carrots, coined
- 4 Cups organic chicken broth
- 2 14-oz cans organic great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups Organic kale, chopped
- Salt & Petter
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large pot over med-high heat
- Add sausage to pot and brown, 5-7 minutes
- Add onion & garlic to soften
- Add broth, carrots, and kale. Bring to boil
- Turn down heat and allow to simmer for 1 1/2 hours
- Add dash of salt & pepper, to taste.
- Add beans, let simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese
What are your go-to fall recipes?
Be sure to check out more Fall Recipes here!