The following is a guest post by Alex from Weight-Loss Help and Tips.
Saving money is definitely in. People are shopping at less extravagant stores and staying home more often to cut back in any area they can. This is no different with weight loss. Gone are the days of buying expensive diet pills and charging them to the credit card with little worry about when the bill comes. Not to mention they probably did not do much to begin with. Also, many people have begun to stop buying expensive meal plans in favor of designing their own low fat diets. There are many ways to lose weight the frugal way and save a ton of money. The five weight loss tips which follow will get you started on the right path to great weight loss.
1. One of the cheapest and easiest ways to lose weight is through walking or running. These exercises can be enjoyed by nearly anyone and in a variety of places. Whether it is indoors or outdoors walking and running can be utilized to burn many calories. This type of exercise should be incorporated into your daily lifestyle to enjoy the maximum weight loss. Try to set aside a specific time each day to get your walk or run in.
2. Another great way to lose weight and get stronger is exercising with a large used tire. This training has been around for a century but is gaining in popularity because of the results which can be accomplished. There are several different exercises which can be performed with a tire and provides great weight loss. Hitting a tire with a sledge hammer provides a tremendous upper body workout and burns a lot of calories. Also, simply flipping a tire over across a yard will burn calories and build strength.
3. Swimming is a frugal way to lose weight. Swimming works nearly every muscle in the body and burns more calories than nearly any other exercise. There are many pools which can be used for low to no cost. Many local communities have indoor pools which are free to local residents or extremely cheap. Also, gyms and athletic clubs often have pools. If there are no public pools to use there may be a pool owned by a friend which could be used to accomplish your exercise.
4. A great way to lose weight is to drink an adequate amount of water each and every day. Drinking plenty of water will help keep your metabolism at a high level and burn more calories. Water is also great at making your body feel full, which in turn will allow you to make it through the day on fewer calories.
5. Lastly, nearly everyone knows that a low-fat diet is essential to lose weight. This does not mean you have to buy expensive packaged meals to accomplish this task. The internet is full of low-fat recipes which can be made for very little money. Many times you can make a very large portion of a low-fat meal and freeze single meal portions for even greater savings. This also allows you the convenience of having ready made meals which can be thawed and cooked in the microwave for quick meals. Just be sure that low-fat doesn’t mean high-sugar, because sugars a huge factor to inhibiting weight-loss.
What are some of your Frugal Weight-Loss tips?
Alex has a weight-loss blog where he provides weight loss tips and other ideas to help you lose weight the healthy way.