Whether you’re looking for a simple side dish to take to an event this Summer or just want something that is quick to include with dinner, this is such a healthy and tasty recipe.
I absolutely love the taste of grilled corn! And having it in a yummy salad is amazing!
Depending on your styles and tastes, you could take this very simple recipe and make it your own with a few different spices. Salad seasonings, Italian seasons, or even some garlic would be great additions.
Here’s the recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- *2 large ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ¼ C fresh parsley, roughly chopped (cilantro is also a good choice)
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
*Tip: If fresh corn is not available, you can substitute 1 cup of frozen sweet corn prepared according to package instructions.
- Brush corn with olive oil before placing corn and red onion slices on a pre-heated gas grill over medium direct heat. Or you can make this indoors on a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray set over medium-high heat.
- Cook corn until kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done.
- Flip red onion once while the corn is cooking.
- Remove vegetables from heat and slice kernels from cob with a sharp knife. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately with your choice of main dish, and refrigerate any leftovers.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it. If you do, let me know how it turns out or if you spiced it up with anything special. 😉 Enjoy!