Chilly autumn evenings beg for soup. Socks, a sweater, and soup. A lot of soups end up being pretty complex, and can take up a lot of your (fleeting) daylight hours. Thankfully, I’ve discovered this perfect soup for such nights.
Just a handful of basic ingredients, and you have yourself a very comforting autumn soup. Extra perk: it’s also dairy-free! So though it has a creamy consistency, this rich soup has no heavy cream in it, making it lower in fat. This recipe is also very easy to make, and freezes well for future use.
- 4-5 organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz pancetta or bacon
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup shallots, sliced
- 4 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- Peel your sweet potatoes and cut in to ½ in cubes. toss in olive oil, and bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 25 minutes (or until soft), stirring once or twice to make sure they aren’t burning. Once cooked, mash potatoes with stand mixer or by hand. You will need 2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes.
- In large pot, saute pancetta or bacon over medium/high heat until it is chrispy. Transfer to paper towel. Once cooled, chop in to ½ inch pieces.
- Add sliced shallots to pot with pancetta drippings, saute on medium heat until they begin to turn soft. Stir in rosemary, mashed sweet potatoes, and 3 ½ cups broth.
- Transfer soup to blender, blend until smooth, adding additional broth to thin out if necessary.
- Portion into bowls, garnish with Pancetta or Bacon pieces. Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite fall soup recipes?
You can check out more Fall Recipes here