Trying to save money on healthy food is rough sometimes. Throw in the fact that you may also need things like gluten-free or kosher, and then it can be downright disheartening to look at the grocery bill.
I was recently introduced to a company called Wholeshare, that allows you to get wholesale discounts on healthy food items by pooling your efforts with your local community.
I made this video to explain more in detail exactly how it works.
The online platform enables anyone across the US to shop from over 20,000 healthy, sustainable grocery and household items at 20% to 50% off retail prices by shopping as a part of a group. Wholeshare automatically aggregates orders from friends, family, and neighbors within a community, increasing the community’s purchasing power and enabling them to buy from the same wholesale suppliers that typically sell to stores such as Whole Foods and Costco.
Traditional natural food chains are restricted to operating in large cities and wealthy suburbs. They have very high infrastructure and operating costs, which means their stores are restricted to areas of high wealth density. For example, Whole Foods can currently service around 15% of the country. Wholeshare solves this grocery distribution problem by replacing the heavy infrastructure of natural food chains with a network of smaller, lightweight community-based drop points for healthy food.
Basically, how it works is like this:
2. You pull together a group of people to be a part of your group.
3. Everyone places their individual orders (no minimum for each person).
4. Once you pass the $100-$500 threshold as a group (depends on the product company), everything will ship to you (the coordinator) and each person’s card is then charged for their individual orders.
5. As the coordinator, you make a commission off of everything that was sold to your group (hello $$!!).
6. You make sure everyone gets their stuff (host a meet-up every month!).
7. Everyone just saved a bunch of money by getting healthier foods at wholesale prices! #WINNING
So, now that you know about it, let’s move onto the giveaway!
Wholeshare.com is giving one of my readers a box of healthy foods! Nice, right? Here’s what to do… good luck!
*Open to U.S. residents.