If you’re looking for a refreshing Summer smoothie without artificial or added sweeteners, this one packs a punch! Plus it is loaded with powerful antioxidants and can be customized to your preference (ie. adding frozen pineapple chunks and/or banana is divine!).
For this time around, I used the addition of Young Living’s Ningxia, a powerful red superfood beverage that my friends and family kinda go a little crazy for. It also makes it insanely energizing – which we all know I’m gonna need with four kids in the house this Summer!
You can substitute almost any berry/goji type superfood red powder/drink, or just leave it out.
Benefits of Mangoes:
- Support a healthy blood pressure
- Promote good heart health
- Improve immunity
- Support a healthy weight
- Support good digestion
- Support glowing and healthy skin
- May have anti-aging properties
- Has anti-cancer properties
- Support Diabetes management
- Promotes good brain health
- High in iron, which helps anemia
- High in Vitamins C, B6, A
- Rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, and copper
- Neutralizes free radicals in the body!
I’m not a doctor, so keep in mind that I’m not providing any sort of medical advice here. But if you’d like to know more, here’s a good article with more information on the many benefits here.
Mango Coconut Ningxia Smoothie Recipe
(makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup cut up frozen mango
- 1-2 shot glasses of Ningxia or (1 TB of Superfood Reds)
Blend it up, and enjoy with a little Pineapple Sage garnish (one of my favorite herbs)!
I grow it in a pot along with my other herbs, and am enthralled by this not-often-used-darling-of-a plant.
While this smoothie is divine and full of so many amazing benefits, it’s also fun to make popsicles with for the kids over the Summer! Or if you’re feeling a little bit frisky, add it to a cored pineapple with a bit o’ rum and add an umbrella!
Let me know what you think if you try this, or if you find any fun ways to bling it up!