This drink is sure to be a hit with all my healthy/juicing readers out there. I’m always looking for ways to make party drinks healthier for my guests.
This grapefruit drink is so good when you use fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (or you can always choose a no sugar added option from your local grocery store).
Yes it’s tasty, but did you know that grapefruit juice is REALLY REEALLY good for your health? This is especially true if you are looking to lose some weight or promote good immunity!
Here are a few health benefits of grapefruits:
- Supports your immune system
- Shown to help with weight loss
- Helps promote appetite control
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- May help prevent kidney stones
- Promotes healthy blood pressure and heart health
- Has high levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin A
- Low in calories
With the added bonus of being healthy, this light and refreshing cocktail is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cocktail shaker with lid
- Ice, to fill shaker
- 1½ C fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- ¼ C fresh lime juice
- 1/4 C fresh orange juice (substitute 2 oz. triple sec for a stronger drink)
- 6 oz. vodka
- 1 large lime, cut into slices
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add all other ingredients. Cover and shake vigorously to blend.
- Remove lid and strain into martini glasses. Garnish with slices of lime and serve immediately. Enjoy!
For an equally delicious alcohol-free version, replace the vodka with 1 cup sparkling water. Then, pour all ingredients into a pitcher filled with ice, rather than a cocktail shaker, to combine before serving.
Health Note: Those taking certain medications need to be careful when and how much grapefruit they consume as it can interfere with the effectiveness or even cause the medication to pass through your system faster. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about eating/drinking grapefruit.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think and Happy Juicing!