Did you know that you would have to brew and drink 26 cups of Peppermint Tea, just to get the same benefits that you could get from 1 drop of Young Living’s Peppermint Essential Oil?
This oil is very potent, and so versatile! As a general rule of thumb, I use peppermint to aid in good digestion and to relieve mild tension. It’s a great oil to always have on hand, and is one of the main oils that comes in the starter kit from Young Living.
Tips for using Peppermint & Peppermint Vitality Essential Oils
- Add a drop to your coffee or tea to inspire alertness and support good digestion.
- Apply a drop to your temples/head, avoiding the eyes, to relieve mild tension.
- Inhale by placing a drop on your palms, and cupping over your nose.
- Rub on the tummy to relieve mild discomfort.
- Add a drop to your water, or place directly on your tongue as a breath freshener.
Seasonal Irritation Support – Diffuser Combination
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Fill your diffuser to the fill line with water, and add your oils. Diffuse during the day or at night during needed times.
Ant/Spider BE-GONE Recipe
Ants and spiders HATE peppermint! Here’s a recipe to keep them at bay…
- 8-12 drops Peppermint Oil
- 2 TB Witch Hazel
- Spray Bottle
In a spray bottle, add the Witch Hazel and Peppermint oil. Then fill the rest of the way with water. Shake well, and spray in areas that ants and spiders are prone to enter the home.
- Regular Brownie Mix + Ingredients
- 3-4 drops Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil
Create the mix as you normally would, but add 3-4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil. Bake as normal. If you are making a vegan version, substitute blended avocado or blended black beans for the eggs/butter.
SMART CONSUMER TIP: Always ensure that you are using therapeutic grade oils from a reputable source. You should NEVER ingest oils that are not meant for ingesting. Most brands contain harmful chemicals and added synthetics.
Learn more about how to use essential oils and where I buy my oils from here.
What are some of your favorite uses for Peppermint Essential Oil?
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.